Home Away From Home

So, I made it safely to Tahoe on Saturday. Thankfully, I snagged the same rooming and bed as I had last year. My entire room was empty so I had no problem settling in. Huzzah!

I have some pretty amazing roommates in the rooms neighboring me, too. “Girls Crew” is currently inhabited by some ladies from the AmeriCorps program. I was so excited to meet them. I mean honestly, I consider them modern day heroes. Anyway, it was my bosses birthday, so his wife cooked us an amazing dinner (salmon with a dill and sour cream sauce, grilled zucchini salad, tomato salad, and wild rice.) We all talked and got toasty while it continued to snow outside. Eight inches! Little did I know, I would have to shovel all that the next day…

I’m pretty sure that I’ll be a heavy weight champion after this summer. Yesterday I shoveled… and shoveled… and shoveled. I shoveled snow. I shoveled mud. Basically, I’m getting in shape the old fashioned way. We finished around dinner time, so my supervisors fiancée treated us to a sushi buffet. It was delish.

My greatest feat of the weekend was meeting my snowboarding idols, Girl Powder. I was speechless. They didn’t know I knew who they were, but I recognized them from their snowboarding fan page and videos. They were so cool and really nice! I’m still in a daze.

To wrap it up, you can only guess what I did today… shoveling! I feel like I’ve been hit by a train. Glad to be back at camp anyway. Will post pictures soon.

No comments: