Walk With Me

Looking towards the future and upcoming events is one of many things that keeps me positive and motivated. Tomorrow is the annual Walk to Cure Diabetes at the capital, hosted by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. It is something I have been looking forward to all year.

Last year was the very first time I had participated in the walk; I had heard of it, but never bothered to look into it or took it very seriously. Then my friend Bailey (who isn't a diabetic and has gone for a number of years) insisted that I join her. It was so much fun and amazing to see so many diabetics in one gathering. I had never been exposed to something like that before. There was even stops along the walk with sugary treats, just in case for the occasional “diabetic low” (a.k.a low blood sugar).

Bailey and I during the walk

Now I intend to go every year. I even made shirts for tomorrow with the slogan: “Diabetes = Vampire Candy”. (It’s a diabetic joke, ha ha.) I hope that, for those who are close to me, you join me in my walk. As for those of you who aren’t diabetics, I urge you to research and find a walk sponsored near you. Even if there are no diabetic walks which you are able to attend, try something different (such as a cancer, march of dimes, etc. walk/run). Supporting any cause is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world. Thanks for the support!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the comment! I think it's awesome that you walk to support Diabetes! I'm sure you met a lot of influential people there today. :)