Diabetes = Vampire Candy

Today was an adventure.

 SAM_0056

My sister, Sasha, joined me on the Walk to Cure Diabetes. Her support means the world to me and it really made me feel lucky to have someone by my side. It was amazing to see how many people came to walk with their family members as well. There were tons of “teams” built of family members, schools, and friends that all had matching T-shirts and creative banners. We, (meaning my sister an I) however, came prepared; I had made shirts of my own with a little bit of patience, originality, and a lot of puffy paint! In the end, I was extremely proud of my creations: two T-shirts which, in total, took me six hours to complete. Call me a perfectionist.

SAM_0071b

The walk began at nine this morning. Sasha and I were lucky enough to snag a couple of bagels and coffee from the sponsored food stand. Sadly the cream cheese ran away before we got there. Sad face.

SAM_0100b

Even though the member count of my “team” was… significantly tiny compared to most, the heart and intentions of it made up for it’s small size. Sasha really enjoyed herself and by the end of the walk, she was glowing with appreciation. She even suggested that we find other walks in different cities. What a great idea. What an adventure.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

I'm really glad we got to share this experience together. Something you don't see everyday :) Let's do it again soon!