Picnic in the Woods

Today was a wonderfully perfect afternoon to go picnicking in the woods. The sun was out and I was delighted to hear the familiar sound of crackling leaves under my feet on the forest ground. It was a very romantic scene. Though, after leaving the woods it got eerily windy and cold.

SAM_0355

I brought along a thermostat filled with bubbling hot English tea, holiday tea cookies (Yes, it is a little early for the holidays, but those cookies are just so dang delicious), homemade farmed honey, and some of my favorite reads; Peter Pan and, one of my newest reads, The Grimm's Compete Fairy Tales.

SAM_0330 (2)

It was quite a childish adventure, but completely satisfying. Nothing but the sound of fluttering leaves and bustling squirrels preparing for the winter added to my sense of imagination. I so do wish that I could read and withdraw from reality forever.

SAM_0325 (3)

Happy traveling. Hope to share some of my upcoming adventures with you all soon!

2 comments:

Sasha said...

It sure was a lovely day, and I'm glad I got to spend it with you :) Straight out of a fairytale.

Anonymous said...

This makes me really want to have a picnic. really badly. It looks like it was a beautiful day there!